Certainly it is great to see Sive with my parents, his grandparents. They love him so much and he has the best time entertaining them. But when asked about the best part of my trip, it's an easy response: seeing Sive with my grandparents, his great grandparents. I am fortunate enough to still have my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother. Although they both suffer from health issues, they light up (like Christmas trees) when they get to spend time with lil' Sivey. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. Every visit he gets with them (and each photo I snap) is a true blessing that we will cherish for years to come.
Here are some highlights from our visit (-I warn you, there are quite a few!).
My best friend from elementary school, Tara, and I reconnected this last year while we were both pregnant. She had her little boy, Jace, approximately 1-month before I had Sive. Sive loves his play dates with Jace while we are home. This last visit was particularly interesting because Sive spent the majority of the time trying to "kiss" Jace- which involved crawling after him and lurching forward with his mouth open and in bite-mode at Jace's head. We quickly coined them Edward and Jacob- from Twilight- given Sive's pasty white skin and tendency to bite he was clearly the vampire- Edward. Jace, on the other hand is more like Jacob, dark skinned and buff.
Here is Jean in her glory with the grandbabies. Sive's cousin, Bella, is no longer calling him "Baby Five" now that she is articulating her "S's" without difficulty. I think Sive thought he was at Disney World while at her house- there were so many wonderful toys to play with. Thanks for sharing Bella and we hope you had a wonderful 3rd birthday.
If you know me, you know I love shopping. You might guess that my mom also loves shopping. You might be very surprised to know that my dad also loves shopping (and shows such as the Bachelor). When my dad was a teacher, he loved wearing sweater vests. Now Sive also has a sweater vest (that Michael's mom, G-ma sent him). In their sweater vests, my dad and Sive had an uncanny resemblance to each other. I am sad to admit that I didn't get the best picture of them- but you get the idea :)
Here is Jean- the lucky recipient to a wet and painful Sivey kiss.
Sive and my grandfather. I just love this picture. Sive, who rarely sits still and is too busy exploring to snuggle anymore, sat calmly with my grandfather in his chair for more than 15-minutes. It was incredibly sweet and I was able to capture many great picture of these two handsome men.
Sorry Michael (and Greg)- Sive's fist experience with snow was not a happy one. I am sure he will grow to love it and be out running you boys on the mountain before you know it!
Sive had a great time with my grandmother as well. He was fascinated with her and flirted with her throughout the visit. My grandmother always told me that she "never had a headache and never was in love." She touts these two things as if they are badges of honor. She might change her tune now because I'm pretty sure she is falling for Sive. He was grunting, smiling, flinching, and vocalizing to get her attention throughout dinner and she reciprocated by giggling like a school girl. So cute!
Of course Sive's biggest admirer is my mom. Surprised?? Likely not. Here he is teething, kissing, eating??? Who knows and who cares- he is having fun and making his Mommom smile.
We arrived home to PA to more than 6-inches of snow and ice. After a week there, we left with 70 degree temperatures and a beautiful day at the museum. Says a lot about the health of our environment/world. Anywho...it was a excellent visit and we hope to return again soon! Thanks to my family and friends for making it so great!!

No comments:
Post a Comment